Dust off your pianos, tambourines and accordions … Janglin Souls is sponsoring a cover song contest to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros’ debut album “Up From Below.” Your cover can be in any style or genre of music, whether it’s a cappella, a ukelele solo or playing with “household instruments” as our 2013 Cover Song Contest winner did. We want to see you give these songs your own unique sound and put your own twist on them … so be creative and have fun!
To enter, create and share your cover of one of the tracks from the debut album.
The winner will receive a 10th anniversary remastered “Up From Below” vinyl autographed by the members of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
HOW TO ENTER
Create your video, upload it to Youtube, Vimeo or your favorite video platform, and submit it using the submission form linked below!
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED
- Entries open today and close at 11:59PM CST on July 30, 2019.
- Voting will open on Aug. 7, 2019 and run through until 11:59PM CST on Aug. 31, 2019.
- The final contest announcement and prizing will occur on Sept. 1, 2019.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE SELECTED?
Once entries close, an internal panel of judges will view all of the cover song videos and select a shortlist of finalists. We’ll open that shortlist up for fan voting to identify the final winner.
All contest entries must comply with the the following rules:
- You must submit a link to a cover of one of the 11 specified songs. Click here for available songs and lyrics.
- You may only enter one cover — so make it count!
- The video must be your own work.
- The video must be published in July 2019.
- The video can be any length and any quality. If shooting on an iPhone, please film in landscape mode.)
- If you don’t have your own YouTube channel, we can host the video on our channel for you. Email the original video file to email@example.com
- To be eligible for this contest, you must be over 18 years of age. Participants in the video can be of any age.
- You can submit your entry as a group/band or solo.
For a list of the available songs (as well as song lyrics), click here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.